The LOFT Cabra| Substance and Alcohol Misuse
The Loft (Local Outreach Family Therapies) is a free and confidential Addiction Support Service for Cabra. It is a community-based project addressing the needs of people 16+ who are impacted by problematic substance use including alcohol.We offer a range of treatment interventions and support to people in the community and/or their family.
|Monday:||09:00 – 13:00, 14:00 – 17:00|
|Tuesday:||09:00 – 13:00, 14:00 – 17:00|
|Wednesday:||09:00 – 13:00, 14:00 – 17:00|
|Thursday:||09:00 – 13:00, 14:00 – 20:00|
|Friday:||09:00 – 17:00|
The LOFT Substance and Alcohol Addiction Support
We can help if you are struggling with the impact of using substances and/or drinking too much. Developing a dependency to a substance is not a sign of weakness. It takes more than determination to overcome the problem. Change may seem like an impossible goal, however no matter how hopeless your situation may seem, or how many times you have tried, change is possible. Drawing on the support of an experienced counsellor is a good start. We will help you to build on your own ability to take control of problematic behaviour and beyond.
The LOFT’s approach combines a range of proven methods while emphasising emotional development. We will work on building resilience and life skills. We aim for community reintegration with a focus on progression. We will also support you with:
- Substance and Alcohol Awareness
- Changing addictive behaviour patterns
- Referral and planning for detox and rehabilitation
- Exploring issues that push you toward using substances
- Find alternative ways to the way you deal with stress
- Support you to regain some control of your life
For an appointment or initial enquiry contact us at 01-8384377/ 085 7672169 or email@example.com
Family Member Support
Family members can get so caught up in trying to help that they often forget to look after themselves.It can be hard for family members to ask for help. Not only is it one of the most important things that you can do for yourself, but also for your loved one. We understand the challenges you face and the stress you are going through, and we can help. The Family Member Support Service is a response to the needs expressed by members of the local community. Development of this service is ongoing. We empower family members to address the issues that are impacting family relationships.
We upskill family members to support themselves with the impact of substance use.
We work with local agencies, networks, schools and youth services to remain visible and engage with families as a whole. We train staff in current and evidence-based current approaches such as Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA). The Loft offers individual support, group support and counselling from experienced and professional staff. Each of our counsellors understands the issues facing concerned family members ‘living with the addiction’ and try to support their loved one to change. We can help you;
- Improve self-care.
- Improve relationships and quality of life.
- Empower you to influence change within the family.
- Empower you to support your loved one to engage in treatment.
- Learn skills to manage or reduce difficult emotions.
We achieve this by developing personal awareness and skills in a supportive environment.
Workshops, Self-Development Programmes
We provide programmes to suit your needs. The Loft offers current service users and members of the community an opportunity to:
- Engage in relevant workshops and programmes to complement their individual therapeutic work.
- Engage in stand-alone events for newcomers.
- Support for parents who are dealing with multiple issues including substance or alcohol dependence, mental health difficulties and financial stress.
- Psychoeducational programmes.
- Stress reduction programmes.
We value your feedback so if there is a particular topic you would like to see running, please contact us. With enough interest, we can arrange this.
Community Development Work
The Loft engages with the community. This is in partnership with relevant local agencies and forums in Cabra. We aim to identify those at risk of problematic substance or alcohol use and wish to work towards harm reduction or total abstinence. In time, this will allow progression with:
- family relationships
- improve life satisfaction